Property & Home Insurance

Homeowners and Renters

Request a Quote

Request a Callback

We’ll give you a call to discuss
the right property coverage for you:

Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.

We’re waiting for your call!

Your home is your castle.  Protect your investment from fire, theft, flooding, liability and more.

  • Call us to explore your needs & your options, and to get a quote for the best coverage at the lowest price.
  • Call us if you need policy help or if you ever need to file a claim.

We will walk you step-by-step, hand-in-hand through the process of protecting your property!

Home & Property Protection

Fire, Flood, Theft, and Specialty Coverage

Protect Your Home from Disaster.  Be Able to Recover if it Happens!

No one wants to experience a robbery, a home fire, a flood, or some other loss.  But if you do, it’s essential that you’re protected at replacement cost so you can get back on your feet.

We offer a full array of coverage for both homeowners and renters.  If you have an investment property, it’s important to ensure your building is covered.  If you’re a tenant, be sure your possessions are covered.  Whether it’s your primary residence or a second, vacation home, cover your property to minimize the impact of any disaster that may befall you.  We’re here to help with all of it!

Types of Insurance Coverage
for Your Dwelling

Here are some of the coverages you may need, and what they mean.

Frequently Asked Questions

If you have tangible assets, you need the protection of a homeowners insurance policy.  These policies cover you in a home or an apartment, whether you are an owner or a renter.  A well-written homeowners policy will pay to replace any of your personal property that is destroyed in a fire or other disaster.  The policy will also be your first line of defense against a lawsuit from someone injured at your home.

The cost of this coverage is determined by many rating factors.  The quality of the coverage, however, is determined by the quality of the insurer and whether the policy is written on a named perils or all-risk basis.  A named-perils policy covers only those losses specifically cited in the contract.  The all-risk policy works the opposite way — unless a peril is specifically excluded, coverage is provided.  The all-risk policy is broader and the burden of proof is on the carrier, not you, in the event of a loss.

Yes, if you are a renter.  If you live in a rented house or an apartment, renters insurance provides important coverage for both you and your possessions.

In case your house or apartment is broken into, destroyed by a fire, or perhaps a friend gets injured at your home, renters insurance provides financial protection for you and your family. It pays for the repair and replacement of lost items as well as any liability issues you may be responsible for.

A renters insurance policy from Bratton Insurance Inc. can provide you with coverage for your personal items and personal liability to protect you from the unexpected.

Mobile (Manufactured) Home Insurance

Yes.  Mobile home or manufactured home insurance not only covers your mobile home; it can also cover:

  • Detached structures on your property, such as a carport or garage
  • Your personal belongings
  • Living expenses if your home is seriously damaged by a covered loss
  • Injuries that might occur on your property (up to the limits you choose on your mobile home insurance policy).

Mobile homes, manufactured homes, and modular homes are all eligible for coverage under a mobile home insurance policy.

Flood Insurance

Maybe.  Did you know that your homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage?  Insurance against flood must be obtained separately.  A flood insurance policy also reimburses you for the work that you and other family members did to sandbag your homes, move furniture and remove debris.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency’s (FEMA) maps are important when it comes to flood insurance because if they show that your home sits in a 100-year flood plain, you must buy federal flood insurance in order to get a mortgage.  If you live outside a high-risk zone, or if you no longer have a mortgage, flood insurance is optional.

Personal Umbrella Insurance

You don’t have to be a millionaire to be sued like one.  Million-dollar judgments against individuals for negligence are still relatively rare.  However, receiving a lawsuit with a million-dollar demand is more common.  If you receive such a court summons and you have only $100,000 of coverage, you may lose a lot of sleep.

Umbrella policies offer inexpensive “peace of mind” for most types of negligence claims.  Automobile accidents are probably the most common source of serious claims.  This policy supplements your basic automobile liability with extra million-dollar layers of protection.  It also covers other types of catastrophic claims such as a neighbor’s child drowning in your pool or the delivery man being seriously injured by falling over your child’s toys.


Here’s what our happy clients had to say about our services:

Bratton Insurance has always been there to meet my family’s needs.  I know I’m in great hands with my home & auto policies, as well as RV and business insurance.  They’ve always been there for me,...

Tom Elliott

Another happy customer!

Kate Lewis

Lots of great things to say about Brattons!

Grant Harvey

Best insurance company around!

Kelly Johnson

Always a pleasure to work with, and they take great care of you.

Harold Green

Get Your Free Quote Today!

Give us a call and learn how we can save you money!

  • 717-589-3278 (Millerstown, PA)

  • 717-436-8500 (Mifflintown, PA)

Sign up to our Newsletter

Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.

(We do not share your data with anybody, and only use it for its intended purpose)